5/12/08

It's That Time!

Ok, it's been about 3 1/2 years. 3 1/2 long years since I have been committed to working out. I used to be a champ! My routine always involved the gym at least 5 days a week. I'm not sure what exactly happened, aside from laziness, that got me off track. I have decided that today is the day to fix it all. I am physically desperate to get back in shape. I have been for a while, but I was not mentally ready to make the committment. My body had turned into goo and my mind is always off in another world. I think I have finally had enough! This is not only to get back in shape and to tone up the jiggle, but also to help me have a better appitite, help me to not be so tired all day long and to sleep better at night. I am always tired but can't sleep! I have been like this for a couple of years now. I realy do thing that it is in connection with working out. It's tough, though. I have no energy, so I don't want to workout, but that's the only way that I will gain energy! It's one of those neccesary evils! So wish me luck and help me stay motivated by punching me in the face if you see me put a chocolate in my mouth! Haha! Actaully, it's not food I have a problem with, it's just the whole excercise crap I'm not so keen on anymore! Hopefully after the first 2 weeks of sweat and torchure, I'll be back on track and loving it again. Sean is my inspiration right now. He's been back in the gym for the last 3 months and, umm, yeah. . .damn. So I'm going to look just as great for him as he does for me! It's only fair! We both have 6 packs right now. The only difference is that mine move when I walk. Not okay.

10 People Who care:

Mel said...

I will be committed with you to working out. I am just about ready to be able to do it (since having my baby). I feel that my body is so gross now and I need to fix it. So let's make the commitment together.

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

sweetie, you don't even know what "jiggle" is =)

K+C=M+K said...

Good for YOU!! I have been slacking off big time in the work out department and I can totally tell the difference. At least you have those awesome genes where you look amazing either way! Oh, and yes, I still need to get that stuff in the mail- I'm a huge slacker! Miss you to pieces!!!!

Froska said...

nic, what up? this is comedy, you and my wife must have been mentally in touch or something, i don't know ESP, women's intuition, something. she just posted on the same topic as you. she's all fired up about it as well. so am i. i always am though. hey, talk to jen davidson/lanier. we're going to be "bring'n it in" with some 10k's and possibly some marathon'n here in the next 4-5 months. so, you and the hubby lace up the running shoes. read my wifes last post, you'll crack up dude.

-the Smith's

p.s. sorry it's been so long between posts i've been hella busy (haven't we all!?)

Froska said...

it's like we're growing up or something. i had "peter pan syndrome" forever, i used to be a "toy's r us kid". ha, i'm a toy's r us dad now. for reals.

you'll never guess who left a message on our blog, mikey gaskell. he tracked us down some how. i was stoked to here from him. ok, well you keep up the good work nic.

Jessica B Photography said...

It must be the batter blaster. Besides, you are not even thirty yet. That's when everybody says it all goes downhill. Keep procrastinating for a few more years. :) I mean, everytime you want some chocolate reach for an apple instead! I love apples!! And a nutrition "expert" once said if you crave chocolate, you are really just thirsty, so drink a big glass of water.

Hillary said...

I don't think it's turning 30 that makes everything go down hill....I think it's having kids. Or maybe having kids and then turning 30....wouldn't it be great if we could just have our 20 year old bodies back!!!

Dawn Sims said...

Girl you crack me up! We are starting to work out now too! When I say we I actually mean Bryan...ha! No, seriously I've at least started walking. I try some of the workouts with him sometimes, but usually I can't hang. I feel ya on the jiggles, but I just realized something. I think my problem is that I don't really have a problem! LOL! I guess that will never get old will it? Either way. You have nothing to work off, you look awesome. I understand how you feel, but seriously you look good! I am hoping we see you guys in August. Love ya and miss you tons!!!!

Addie-buggie said...

Call me back please. Your cell phone is a hater, I keep leaving messages but no soup? wut up with dat? Call me girl!

Dawn Sims said...

I appreciate it! I checked it out, but I don't need any of those things. Thanks though!! You're the best. I can't wait to see you guys.