I had my second doctors appointment yesterday! Again, I thought the doc was going to say it was just gas or something. I was still having a hard time believing it was true! I went in expecting to only hear the heartbeat and the doc flipped on the screen and there was my baby! Last time it was just a little flutter that you couldn't make out at all. This time. . . this time it was a baby! We saw the little face and the little hands up by it's little face! It was so unreal! Of course I started crying and Sean just smiled ear to ear. I am slightly a bit more convinced that it's true now! Haha! This is something I wasn't sure I would ever experience, by choice. I went my whole life thinking children weren't for me. Everyone thought I was nuts, even I questioned myself, but I felt pretty strongly about it. Then about a year ago I was overwhelmed with a feeling a can't describe, but I knew I should have a baby. Weird. Now that it's happening, I couldn't be more excited. Sean has wanted kids since the day I met him. When I told him I wasn't sure about that, I think he pushed the thought aside and just accepted it. Now that he is going to be a daddy, I'm not sure I've ever seen him more excited!
So back to the appointment ~ After he switched the screen off, he realized that we were only suppose to listen to the heartbeat and not do the whole ultrasound! Haha! Bonus for us! So then he switched the machine back on and turned on the audio and we got to see it again AND hear the heartbeat! I don't understand why it's such a big deal to have
an ultrasound every time. It took no time at all and it wasn't this long drawn out procedure. They should definitely do every time. It eases a mother's mind and makes all that much better! Anyway, that particular machine didn't have a printer so we weren't able to get pictures. I go back in 4 weeks though and hopefully by then they can tell us that it's a GIRL and we can get a printout!
This is my third month. There is a definite belly there! I was even trying to suck it in and it was not happening!
9/24/08
My 3rd Month
Words & Pictures by Nicole at 5:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 People Who care:
That is awesome! I also had really early on ultrasounds when I was knocked up with Ty...I actually had them pretty much everytime because of previous pregnancies. Anyway, everytime I was SO excited to be able to see him as well as hear the heart beat. I think it is so amazing that we have the technology to be able to see our children when they are still in the womb and so early. I really am so happy for you. Being a mommy is the better than I could have ever thought. Just remember how you were as a teenager and then you will get it twice as bad when your little one is there. HAHA
congrats on the bun in the oven nic. tell sean to get ready for a non-stop adventure, cause that's what kids are. by the way thats a rad tat. the inside of the arm isn't tender at all. i thought it was more like a bunch of little butterfly kisses, kinda tickled. that's what i tell people when they ask if it hurts to get one there.
much love from -the Smith's
Oh Nicole!!!!!
That is so AWESOME! I am WAY EXCITED for you!!!!
Your little belly is so dang cute, I loved it when I started showing...mainly because it was an excuse to eat whatever I wanted to and that was okay "Because I'm Pregnant" :)
Love ya girl!
OMG!!!! I am so happy for you!!! Being a mom is the best thing in the world!! I miss you tons and I am so glad your doing so good!!love ya lots cystal!!
I love the bump!! I LOVE THE BUMP!!! Nicole, i'm sooo excited!!! My cute niece (or newphew) is in there!! Yay!! I'm sooooo glad that you haven't been sick and all that grossness that I went through. Happy days!!
Just wait until it (she) starts moving and doing flips and pushing your skin out like you have something crazy in your belly. Now, that is strange!
Yeah Nicole! I love seeing the progressive belly shots! Feel free to post them every week even if they are only for me. They are my favorite! I am so glad things are going so good with you guys and the pregnancy. You'll probably cry your eyes out every time you see the ultrasound, but that is totally fine! We need to come out to Vegas and see you!
I'm so excited to see you! You look so good. You're belly is so cute. I finally updated my blog. It's long so just make sure you have time to have a sitty down. Grab some popcorn and chill. Love ya!!
Post a Comment