I am now considered full term! I went to the doctor on Tuesday and found out I am dialated to 2 centimeters! As soon as the doctor told me that I started crying like the baby that I am. It just made it so real. I mean, I know I'm havin' a kid, but now I'M REALLY HAVING IT!!! Then he told me that he predicts that she'll come early (he immediately backed his statement up by saying that just because he said it, she will probably be late. Thanks for givin' me, um. . .NOTHIN!) So hearing that made me cry even more! All the nerves I thought I had put behind me and gotten over all came crumbling down on me all at once! I realized that I never actually got over them, I had just convinced myself that I was a strong girl and that I could do this. I lied. I lied to myself and everyone that knows me! I'm not strong by any means! Obviously I HAVE to do this and I'm GOING TO get through it, but at this point I'm just an anxious bag of nerves! He said she's on the smaill side and he wanted to make sure that if she did come early that she was a healthy small. So they strapped me to the baby monitor (whatever it's called) and watched her activity for 20 minutes. After 5 minutes, Dr. Swainston came in and said that he needed to see more movement. He had all the nurses scrambling to find me some sugar to get my little cookie going. Well, it worked! 2 1/2 minutes after eating some chocolate she was busy! Everthing checked out well and they sent me on my way!
After my doc appt. I got a text from a friend, Amy, that I hadn't talked to for a couple weeks and who knew nothing about my appt. She told me that she had a dream and she thought I was going to go into labor early. . .like Saturday! Um, that's my shower!!! Aside from that, how spooky to hear that right after what Swainston said! I guess we'll see!
3/12/09
Doc Appt ~ Dialating ~ A Spook ~
Words & Pictures by Nicole at 8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 People Who care:
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! It is about that time! So excited for you! PS you are way too cute pregnant! You look nothing like the cow that I became!
I'm so excited for you. I know how you feel. You'll be an amazing mother. I, like you, began to get excited when it was near the due date... when it finally felt real. Oh, it's so AMAZING! There is no way to explain it, but there is no reason to... You'll be there soon enough. :-)
wow 37 weeks already! that went by so fast, at least for me! I am so excited for you! and I'm sure everything will be ok!
Keep her in there!! We want to see you at the shower!
Post a Comment