4/8/08

A Crazy, but True Story

My girfriend, Chelsea had a micarriage not too long ago as well. She read my last blog and wanted to share this story with everyone that has gone through a miscarriage. It is a story of a family she knows first-hand. It's kinda crazy, but has a sweet meaning that makes you think!

This is her story ~
My good friend, Kelly's mom, had a couple of miscarriages early on. Before she had even one kid, she had to go through TWO- so sad. With one of them, she was far enough along that she had become really attached to him (they had found out it was a boy) and was so excited to have him come into this world. Well, the baby died and nearly destroyed her mom. She felt for SURE that this baby was supposed to come into their family and be their son. Well, after 6 kids and decades later, her youngest son Will came and talked to his mom. He told her about these dreams and feelings he had had over the course of his 20 years. He said how he would have these really peaceful and vivid dreams about him in heaven before he came down to earth. He said that in heaven he was getting really excited to come down to earth to join their family and was first in line to go. In the dream he got stopped by Heavenly Father a number of times and was told that he needed to go to the end of the line. He went to the end of the line but would ask Heavenly Father, "Why can't I go first? I'm really excited to go down to that family." Heavenly Father kept telling him that he needed to be the last of the children in the family and not the first. This struck a chord with my girlfriend's mom because she had felt the same thing, like why can't I have my son now? And the reason was that he was needed to be the last child for whatever reason. So I was going to put this all on the blog, but wanted to write this story to explain that maybe that little spirit she lost will still get to be with her someday in the future. I kinda feel like that little baby we lost will still get a chance to make it to our family, but maybe there was more work up there that he needed to do, or maybe he had to teach something to his siblings before he left. So, that's that, sorry if that story was too long, but just tell your friend that everything will be okay.
THIS IS CHELSEA! LOVE HER!

Thanks, Chels, for sharing that. I know that from the comments I've recieved about my last post and from people I've talked to about this subject, everyone has a different take and opinion on why things happen. This is another view that I know everyone will appriciate!


2 People Who care:

Jessica B Photography said...

Beautiful story!!!

Turley Family said...

Nicole! I saw your blog on Lindsey's blog! How cute are you and your hubby! How are you? I got married fall of '04, finally finished school 2 yrs after I started and moved down to Mesa, AZ. We have a 2 1/2 yr little girl and another little girl on the way! Glad to see you are doing well! *Anne Marie (Annie)
Oh, I have a blog, annemarieturley@blogspot.com