This weekend was busy, busy! I had my first GNO (Girls Night Out) for The Body Shop @ Home on Friday! It was a great turn out! About 22 people showed which was awesome! It was originally only about 10-15 people, but I was getting phone calls all the way up until about 15 minutes before the party from girls saying they were coming and bringing friends! The more the merrier, but I was stressed! I was more nervous than stressed! I don't talk in front of people very well at all! I couldn't breath and I started getting all choked up! After I broke down while thanking everyone for coming, things got better. If my girl, Cindy hadn't been there to help me along, I would have gone under! I knew pretty much everyone there so it was nice that they understood! My sales reached $1000 so it was worth the tears!
I had my party at my parents' house where, the following day, we were holding my little brother's wedding! So it was a crazy mess trying to get the house back in order for the next PARTY! I didn't leave my parents' house until 1am! Granted, I slept the last hour waiting for Sean, but still! The next day I spent with Jenna, my new sis-in-law, getting her hair done, then going to the house and getting all pretty. She asked me to do her makeup, which I was willing to do, but I'm by no means an artist! It turned out really gorgeous, though. We had about 70 people at the house for the wedding. It's a pretty funny story that I have to tell really quick (or slow, depending on your reading skills)! I was the first bridesmaid to walk. I got up there and the bishop, Bishop Nordstrum, who was doing the wedding, started talking. Like the whole, " Now before we begin the ceremony, I'd like to say a few words. . ." We all just kind of looked at each other with confusion. The next bridesmaid, Catherine, gets up there and he realized that I wasn't the bride and starts the little speach again! We all look at each other AGAIN like, what is he doing!? Finally my dad leaned forward and whispered to him that he might want to wait for the bride! He was so nervous and hadn't realized what he was doing! He was apologized and wiped his forhead. You could tell he was stressin'! Finally, Jenna gets up there and they begin, without Jenna having a clue what had just happened. . .HAHA! Wait, I'm not finished! So he proceeds with the ceremony and ends it with,"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Jeremiah Taylor". . . . . . . . . .pause. . . . . . . . . . . . "um, . . . . . . . . . . You can kiss the bride.". . . . . . . . . . .longer pause. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . ."Oh, um, do you guys have rings to exchange?" HAHA! He had forgotten the rings altogether! Man, you could see the bishop just wanting to pass out! Later we found out it was his first wedding ever! Gotta cut the man some slack I guess!
So, after another full day of family and friends on Sunday, gathered again at my parents' house to watch them open presents. . . .I'm pooped!
3 People Who care:
I cant believe how big your brother is. He is all grown up. Last time I saw him he was just a little punk. He is so handsome. And his wife is so pretty! How is the rest of your family? You will have to tell them hi for me.
Well haven't we been busy! What is all this fun and partying without me?! And you were giving me slack:) Tell your little brother congratulations, all of you look soooo beautiful! HOw fun to have a new sis in law, and that she is fun and cool to hang out with! Also, way to go on your launch party with the Body Shop! That is amazing how well you did! I couldn't believe it, $1,000 in sales?! You are a natural! Next time I come into town we will have to try a joint party or somethin' I've been slacking on my Scentsy biz.. Love y and miss you girl!
all of the wedding pictures are beautiful! I guess your parents are happy that you are all married off now =)
Post a Comment