4/5/08

It makes you wonder. . .

In the past year, 3 really good friends of mine have miscarried. That seems like a lot! I was informed that it, in fact, happens more often than not! Most girls, apparently go throught at least one in their life! It just make you think and wonder why!?! My friend, Julie (just miscarried) and I were just talking about why this happenes. My whole take on it is this - - - I think that those little spirits that don't make it here, aren't suppose to. I think that they are the most righteous spirits in heaven and Heavenly Father knows that they don't need to be tested here on earth. So he sends them down just barely long enough to recieve a body, then takes them back home before they have to endure what is not neccesary for them! They have to at least recieve a body! Julie was telling me how some other people she was talking to were speaking on the scientific side of things and a lot of them believe that the baby isn't even alive at 8 to 12 weeks! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!???! How could they possibly think that? That is one of the most absurd (spelling?) things I've ever heard! In my eyes, as soon as a child is concieved, it it alive and progressing. It makes me upset that people would be so nonchalant about the matter. Anyway, my girlfriends that have been through this are surprisingly positive about thier situations and are very good examples to me. It could be a completely negative experience and they have all flipped it for the better. I look up to each of them - you know who you are!

4 People Who care:

Jessica and Chris said...

I had a little bit of bleeding when I was pregnant with Kiefer, so of course, I prepared myself for miscarrying. 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. 1 out of 5!! So it does probably happen more often than we think/know. And as far as the spirits are concerned, I don't think the sex of the baby is formed until 15 weeks (I tried to look it up online but couldn't find anything that would sepcifically say in the five minutes that I looked). So in my opinion, any baby lost before it's sex is formed should get another chance, if I were in charge. But since I'm not and I don't know/understand how passing through the veil works, we'll leave that up to those who do. Give Julie a big hug for me!

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

I think that a miscarriage would be a very hard thing to deal with! I know that both times I was pregnant I felt an instant connection to that little person. So to lose a part of you like that would have to be devastating! I am sure that there is reasons for it, like it may not have been healthy or what not, but devastating none the less. And to not think that it is not even alive in early stages of pregnancy is a joke. There is a heart beat! If a heart is beating, there is life! My heart really goes out to the women that have to bare that heartache.

Hillary said...

I too have had a miscarriage (the first time I was pregnant) and it is amazing to me how deep a sense of loss it is to lose someone you've never met and don't even know if it is a boy or girl. My doctor told me then that the next time I got pregnant I would have an increased chance of having a healthy pregnancy (more so than if I hadn't had a miscarriage), I don't know why. Just better odds???Hopefully Julie will be blessed with another healthy baby very soon.

K+C=M+K said...

You're so sweet Nicole, and I totally agree with you on that. Kirk and I are excited for a healthy little one next time and we have good odds on having a perfect one next, right? Not to mention I put in an order to be sick-free and feeling good! I miss you! Good luck on Friday with your party!