4/1/08

Phantom of the Opera - Round Two

Sean and I went to Phantom of the Opera last night at the Venetian. It was acually really good! I should know that, though because I've been to Phantom before! I say "been" and not "seen" because although I was in New York City at Phantom ON BROADWAY. . .I was sleeping! Yes, out cold! I woke up to a huge ball of fire on the stage and my girlfriend nudging me and saying, "Are you kidding me?" I know. . .who sleeps through a broadway show? In my defense, it was a 10pm show and we had spent all day walking the streets (I said walking, not working!) of NY. We were doing all the touristy things. So, I was really, REALLY tired! Whatever.

Like I was saying - we went to Phantom last night and to my surprise, Sean really enjoyed it too. He's not a fan of musicals. Half way through the first song I leaned over and in a whisper asked him if he knew what he was in for! He smiled and said of course! I'm not sure he was sure, though.

I was anticipating the fire that had been my alarm clock the first time around. I waited and waited and just as I started to think that my memory had served me wrong, once again . . . !!BOOM!! The stage lit up and made me almost pee my pants! My trip to New York came rushing back to me and I couldn't help laughing at myself!

3 People Who care:

Mel said...

Oh WOW! Last time I saw you was years ago!!! You look so great. How is your family????

K+C=M+K said...

I love musicals! Especially the Phantom! What a treat to get to go see a show that plays in your city, guess I always took for vantage all of the amazing things vegas had to offer! I'm thinking about planning a trip out there again soon.. what are you doing these days, working? I thought that was funny how you had to clarify that you were walking the streets as opposed to "working" the streets like someone was going to question it! Love ya and miss you to pieces!

Theresa Rodriguez said...

I love the phantom and if it makes you feel any better i dozed off once before watching it...pretty much for the same reasons. Why people like us insist on working the streets of NY then going to broadway shows like were gonna stay awake still baffles me...but oh well. im glad you guys had fun and that you peed your pants a little! nothing like a broadway production and a little pee!