I had a doctors appointment today. I love going to the doctor. It just makes me feel so much better about everything, every time. Even when I feel good about everything already. Going to the doctor is just a nice confirmation that all is well. Every time I hear that little heartbeat or see that little angel kickin' around, I tear up with joy and satisfaction. I already love her so much it's silly. Now I get what every other mother already knows. You don't get it until you get it! I get it!
I just want to say that I love Dr. Swainston! In the beginning of my pregnancy there was some split opinions that made me a bit hesitant to go to him. I am so glad that I did. He is good at what he does and he has always taken the time to make sure I'm well informed about whatever I have a question about. At this appointment today I had a bunch of questions about "when it's time" and blah blah blah. He didn't leave the room until everything was covered to my satisfaction. I now know that the best thing to do with anything during pregnancy (and I'm sure with raising kids all together) is to form my own opinion. Everyone has a different feeling about every person. I once went to a OBGYN that was highly recommended by one of my really good friends. She absolutely loved her. Well, I didn't. At all! For whatever reason, she just didn't settle well with me. She was cold with her approach in telling me that certain things might be wrong and I truly got the vibe that she couldn't care less 'cause she was just doing her job and I should just get over it! Um, that's the last feeling you want to get from your OB! I was out of there. Anyway, Swainston is great, for me!
I have been talking to a friend, Tiffany who is the wife of one of Sean's co-workers. She is a doula. I never knew anything about doulas until her. She has been such a comfort to me about things. If there's anyone I want to trust and take some advice from, it's a woman who is well educated (she is a lactaion specialist, a doula and she is getting her midwife certification) and has had 7 children of her own! I'm sure after that many, you've learned the good and the bad about things! I think she might actually come to the hospital with me! It would be nice to have her doing what I wish Sean was capable of doing. Unfortunately, Sean has never had a baby (or 7 like Tiffany) and doesn't have the sensitivity switch that I highly need. So a perfect situation would be Sean where I can see him, but Tiffany making me feel like I'm not the first girl to spit a kid out and that I'm not dieing! Is that bad? Anyway, not for sure that she'll be there, but it's a possiblity!
2/3/09
My Appointment, Dr. Swainston and A Doula
Words & Pictures by Nicole at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 People Who care:
Good for you!!! Tiffany will be such a benefit to you at your birth. Sean might possibly pass out! (Chris thought for sure that he would when I first gave birth) Sean might think he is being sensitive to your needs, but if this is the first birth he's ever been to - and especially that it is his own wife and kid - his brain might not be firing on all cylinders. Tiffany will be there to support him as well. She can show him how to effectively help you and encourage you. She will probably even be able to be with you laboring at home before you go to the hospital. Let your body start labor on your own (do not be induced!!!), labor at home as long as you can, and keep Tiffany by your side at the hospital and you will have a good birth. I was so relieved when I saw the word "doula" on your post!! Have you picked up that book I recommended yet?
Hillary said she could do brunch on a Monday or Wednesday. How does that sound? What is your email address these days?
Maybe you should put me in touch with Tiffany. I think I have some questions for her about getting into the business.
Post a Comment