2/3/09

What I Meant Was. . .

So, Sean read the last blog and I think was slightly offended by the fact that I said he was not sensitive and wasn't capable of taking care of me when the baby comes. What I meant was that I think woman, especially those who have gone through the same situation, are more understanding and comforting by nature. I believe men want to be, but lack the personal experience necessary to actually KNOW what do say or do at such a time, childbirth. My husband is so sweet and willing to do whatever I need of him and I know he will be the same if not more when we are in the hospital. I love him to death! I just can't promise that things won't get vulgar and that I won't turn into some raging loony! The last thing I want to do is direct all of that at him! So it would be good for someone else to be there to be my punching bag! That's all, babe! I want you to want to stay married to me after all is said and done!

6 People Who care:

Amy said...

In the long run...Sean will probably wish you brought the doula, you will need some venting. Husbands are a perfect target for venting in the delivery room. Jason new he had better just sit there in the corner and not speak, touch or look at me until I started pushing! He did good, although he was frightened for the nurses safety!;)

Hillary said...

I'm down for lunch any day really. Brunch or Dinner on any Monday and Wednesday or any time any other day works for me. Just not next week though, after that I'm open. (After the 16th)

Don't worry about Sean not understanding what you will be going through. I found that just having Aaron there to hold my hand and feed me ice chips was enough. And then once the little angel arrives you both will be so happy you will immediately forget all about labor.

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, Presley cut her hair sooo bad in September. So we've been growing it out since then. It's the very first thing I blogged about so you can go back and find the picture. And you know I was worried I'd be the biggest B word ever to Burke when I had my kids, but I got an epidural and wasn't in any real pain, so I thought he did great and was actually really helpful through it all. I was worried to that he wouldn't know what he was suppose to do, because we didn't take any classes together, just read lots of books. I gotta give him credit. But I think it might be another story if you are in pain and irritated. So good luck with that. :) (sorry it's such a long post)

Dawn Sims said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn Sims said...

At least if you have the doula he can't say you were mean during delivery. Which by the way Bryan says about me, but has realized that I really wasn't! He just talked while I was trying to concentrate. At the same time he was just trying to make sure I was ok and find out if he could do anything. I say if you don't have the doula just make sure Sean knows there is a possiblity he may feel like he's not doing anything right. LOL. You could say just hold my hand and don't talk, but then again you may want him to. You'll know when you're in there. You guys will be fine I promise. You'll do great. You are a strong woman. Love ya girl!

KAHRA'S said...

Don't you worry...All the fights all the arguments,all the crazy why won't you just listen(s) will all be forgotten when he comes. An don't you worry sugah he knows how much you mean to him & how much he means to you and most important He knows what you are going through... He's just nervous like you are... But, don't worry, all is forgotten as your little one arrives... I LOVE YOU!!! Carita