I wish we knew! We went to the doctor this morning hoping to find out and the little snot wouldn't uncross his/her legs! Dr. Swainston spent like 15 minutes trying to get the little booger to spread em', but it didn't happen! So it's either a very shy little boy or mommy's perfectly well mannered little girl! ;) Honestly we all, including the doctor think it is probably a boy. We have to wait until November 18th to go back for our 20 week scan. I guess that is when they will do an intense scan of everything from head to toe to make sure it's all good! I guess we can wait!
Aside from that everything was good. I asked the doc if I was too small because everyone is shocked that I am not bigger than I am for being 17 weeks so it started making me think maybe something was wrong! Dr, Swainston said my belly was perfect, the baby looked perfect and that I am not to listen to ANY OF YOU ANYMORE!!!! Haha! I do tend to get a lot of different peoples' opinions and personal stories that make me think twice about a lot of things. NOT ANYMORE! We are going to do our thing and learn as we go. I got kind of overwhelmed about a week ago when I went to a friend's house and there were 6 or 7 other girls there that of course had all had at least 1 or 2 kids. So in comes the prego chick and I was like fresh prey for them! It was crazy how they all felt a need to tell me what do always do and to never do and make sure of this and that and remember this and don't worry about that! Then came all their own personal experiences that only freaked me out. Then on top of that, none of them seemed to agree on any of it! They all had something to say about everything someone else said! If that wasn't bad enough, one chick started bashing my doctor like it was making me feel good to hear her negative experience with him!(BTW - I actually love my doc! Contrary to what I have heard from a few peeps, he is very kind and personable with both Sen and I and he makes me very comfortable!) WHY??? Why do woman feel that it is necessary to make the girl that has no idea what she is doing feel aweful about everything she doesn't know yet? What is wrong with girls! Well, I've decided that I am never going to listen to a negative word anyone has to say about pregnancy, labor and delivery again. Everyone goes through their own things and I don't want to stress about what I don't need to stress about! So if you don't have a good, positive, fun, uplifting story and opinion to share with me, do me a favor and don't! :o) I feel good about where I am and how things are going and I don't need someone who had a bad expereince try to make mine worse so they feel better about their's! Ya know!
Just so you know - I am not addressing anyone that is actually reading this! You are all welcome to give me advice and opinions anytime! You are all the people I get to vent to because if you ARE reading this you actually care! So if you were wondering 'Hmm, I wonder who she's talking about.' it is all those people that don't really know you, strangers even, that feel it is their duty to speak their opinion when it is not asked for!
YOU PEOPLE - I LOVE!
Ok. I'm done. I'm happy again! WooHoo! I'm having a baby!
10/21/08
Boy or Girl?
Words & Pictures by Nicole at 3:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 People Who care:
Venting is SO necessary sometimes! I hear you girl on people that try to give you too much (usually annoying and/or wrong) advice. You are doing a great job with this pregnancy; you look perfect and your belly is absolutely adorable! I love it! I want one!;) I too LOVED Swainston and think he was great! I can't wait to find out what you're having when the time does come. I have a feeling it's a boy too- that is a crack up that the baby was crossing it's legs all shy like! Well, I miss you already and was so glad we got to see each other this weekend. Should we do it again soon?! I think yes!
Well, I have to say again that I am so sorry about your HORRIBLE experience that night. It sucked! Good thing you can vent and feel a tad better. People are going to be people. Oh, and by the way. I think you look great for being 17 weeks! Not to big or too small...PERFECT! Yes, you do need to stop listening to people. You will have your own experience and if it was so bad we wouldn't all be walking away saying..."let's do that again!" The most stressful thing you will encounter is when they are out and growing up. That is sad. Love ya girlie tons! I miss you and it SUCKS that I am here and you are there. We really need to do something about that. Miss you and let us know what the story is in November. I can't wait to take your prego pics!
Boooo on bothersome people!! You look perfect! AND I can't wait to find out what you are having! Have a boy!!! We can raise our boys together!!! Miss you!
Are you Prego or what?! ;) Only a pregnant girl can VENT like that!:0 DANG! If you want me to tell you that you gotta belly? Just let me know! I'll tell ya :) I too have learned the same way... and it was and is VERY stressing. It will continue to go on and on and on yer whole life girl... :( sorry......... I remember when David was getting ready for his heart surgery and it seemed like everyone had a story about another baby who had it done and it didn't work or they passed away from it or CRAZY stuff like that!!!! SERIOUSLY PEOPLE! Who does that?! Oh and don't get me started on breastfeeding!Opinions, opinions, opinions! SHEESH! Dang! It sounds like I'm the pregnant one NOW! ;) Oh? I forgot this is Nicoles blog not Amy's Blog....my bad.
Well said! I HATED comments when I was pregnant (of course mine were usually about how BIG I was so just be glad that people are saying you are small)! :) I can't believe the baby wouldn't cooperate, keeping us in suspense! I'm glad you like Dr. Swainston, that is the most important thing, that you are comfortable. Don't worry about a thing, you will do great.
The stories won't stop, and neither will the unsolicited comments or suggestions. Plan on more in the years to come - how to deal with the newborn, how to raise the kiddos, how many to have, etc, etc. Don't believe birth horror stories, it's really not that bad (I think people just want attention). You know what? Moms love to compare. Ugh, it's disgusting. "My kid is such and such percentile in weight & height" The only reason those percentiles are around is because the doctor is comparing your kid to everyone else's! I love hanging out with my friends who are in different stages of life (read: don't have kids my same ages) because we talk about things OTHER than our kids. Oh, it's so refreshing! And you know those girls just wished they were as small as you when they were pregnant. As one who gained 20, 25, & 23 lbs with each pregnancy and (of course) have been able to loose it fairly quickly (I say of course, because at birth you will loose around 13 lbs anyway), I get it all the time about how everybody wants to look like me, and how I don't show until the last month and then I'm right back in regular clothes. Well, sorry! That's just the way it goes for me. And with the last two, I didn't tell people until I was 18 or 20 weeks along anyways, so they didn't even know until halfway through! (Less unwanted talk that way!) With #1 I failed to gain 10 lbs by 20 weeks and my midwife was getting mad at me, telling me to eat more! She has since come to terms and knows what to expect from me :) My grandma actualy says she only gained 8 pounds with my dad and that he weighed 9 lbs when he was born. I said, "Nana, that's not normal." Aaaahhh well. Good luck with fending off all those pessimists.
Ugh, does my comment make you want to vomit? I didn't mean "everybody wants to look like me" I sure hope they don't anyway.
You are so honest I love it!!! I had so many people give me advice or tell me crazy freak stories that would scare the crap out of me and I finally had to say, in one ear and out the other. Just wait til strangers start rubbing your belly. Weirdos!!!!
Post a Comment