10/15/08

Our Weekend

Sean and I went to AZ this weekend to support a couple of his team members that were fighting. (If I haven't told you, Sean has been training MMA, mixed martial arts, for a little while now.) We went with intentions of just watching, but when we got there they immediately asked Sean if he could fight! Mind you, he hadn't trained for this fight at all, his wrist and shoulder have been hurt pretty bad for a while and he was completely unprepared! So what does he do? Says yes and starts wrapping his wrists! This was the first time Sean would be fighting so you can imagine how I was feeling at this point! Not only was this his first fight, but it was the most unorganized event I've ever attended in my life! And to top it off, it was outside in the middle of the rodeo grounds with the sub-zero winds kicking my ass along with everyone else's, (but I'm the biggest baby and pregnant to boot so I definitely had it the worst! ;o) LOL!). Sean was suppose to be the 14th fight which was 3 fights after his teammate, Johnny. This event moved so slowly that that would have giving Sean a chance to watch Johnny and then have plenty of time to warm up. Well, right after Johnny, they called Sean's name! We were all shocked, but there was nothing he could do. No warm up! So with no warm up, being extremely physically freezing, not mentally prepared and it being his first fight. . . .he did an awesome job! Did he win? No. But under the circumstances, he was great! As soon as they called his name, I started getting all teary and nervous, but sucked it up! No one wants to see a fat, emotional wife sitting cage side and sobbing because her husband gets punched a couple times! Haha! His whole team asked me if I was ok throughout the event leading up to and even after it. It was very kind of them. They all said they were more worried about me than Sean! I didn't know this, but apparently Sean had let them all know that I was not feeling good about it and to keep an eye on me and make me feel more comfortable. He is so sweet. Next time I won't be so nervous because I know he'll be prepared!
I know this is not the picture ya'll want to see, but can you believe I totally forgot to take pics because I was so nervous! This is just Sean sitting ring side being the time keeper for the kickboxers.
The next morning Sean was so sweet. All I wanted was fruit that morning so Sean got all these different kinds of things for me to eat. He didn't stop there! He actually washed and peeled everything and arranged it all perfectly for me.
If you look closely, you can see his eye is all bruised.
It was the prettiest fruit platter I'd ever had! This picture is of us at my cousin's house. I am almost 4 months here! I will get my 4 month picture up soon! (Sorry, Chels, I'm slackin'!)

5 People Who care:

Kiki said...

You look so cute Prego!! Any way we are living in Roy, UT north of salt lake by Ogden. we have lived here for almost 3 years now.

camicoff said...

What???You were here this weekend. And you were at my sister's house and you couldn't even call???WHATEVER....

K+C=M+K said...

You're a crack up! You are not a fat emotional wife you weirdo! I love seeing your little belly in that last shot, and your boobs??? Excuse me girlfriend, but they are enormous. That's rad that Sean is training MMA- Kirk would LOVE to roll with him if we still lived in Vegas! Maybe we can get them together and have them practice! Kirk is really good! Last time he rolled he got 2nd in the the advanced no gi tournament! But it is really nerve racking to see them fighting- I got all teary eyed and found myself shaking for a while even after they finished. That's so great you guys are having fun out there! Are we still on for hanging on Saturday!?:) Hopefully so!

Amy said...

HOLY CRAP! Check out those CHI CHI'S!!

Jessica B Photography said...

(insert comment about driving to Arizona and not stopping in Boulder City here)

Nice fruit!