11/11/08

Think Pink

That's right. . .we're having a GIRL! It's so crazy to think pink when all we've done is talk about boys, boys, boys! I went in a week early because I got a bit worried about not feeling the baby. It had been about 6 days! I know they say it's normal for that to happen for a couple days, but 6??? That was too much for me! So we went in today and they had time to do my entire 20 week scan (it was scheduled for next Tuesday). It was so amazing to see that little heartbeat again and to watch her move her little arms and legs. Honestly, amazing. Of course I cryed the whole time! Sean was disappointed the minute he didn't see some testies. I know how bad he wanted a little buddy to cart around with him, but this means we'll just ave to try again! I ran out and bought some cute girly outfits thinking that he would feel differently once he saw them. I was right! It put a smile on his face and he admitted that he was ok and excited either way.

A VERY SCARY MOMENT. . .

The most dreaded part of the doctor appointment for me is when they weigh me! I think everyone is like that though. Well, I stepped on the scale and she moved the larger weight to 100 and then the smaller one down. She went past 20, past 30, past 40 and all the way to the end! Do you know what happens when the small weight gets to the end??? THEY MOVE THE LARGE WEIGHT TO 150!!! Uh- huh! She moved it! Then she proceeded to moved the smaller one down again! Past 20, past 30, past 40! My stomach literally sank! I could see the look on the nurse's face too. She was is shock! I finally spoke up, "This CANNOT be right!" At that very moment Sean falls over laughing! He was was dying! He had been behind me stepping on the scale! HAHA! I stared cracking up. It was pretty funny after I realized it was not true! During though, I truly almost had a heart attack! Whew. . .

12 People Who care:

Froska said...

tell your hubby i was all about the testosterone as well. that is, until we had lilly. i wouldn't trade, change, or go back-on it; not even for a second. she is my sweetest little heart, she is my sunshine, she is everything you could possibly want and, she is 100% girl. (she's also pretty freaking independent right now and never wants to sit through sacrament or anything lasting longer then 10 seconds.) but, thats half the fun. congrats nic. remind your hubby about the daddy's little girl philosophy, because it's so true.
-the Smith's

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

A pretty little Nicole look a like! I am so excited for you! I am sure the second Sean sees his beautiful little girl he will be hooked! And I am scared for any boy she ever tries to bring home =) Congrats Nicole! And remember Autumn is good for a first OR a middle name. It really works both ways, very versatile and very unique! Just something to think on...

K+C=M+K said...

She is going to be beautiful!!! It will be so much more fun dressing up a girl anyway:) I'm so excited for you guys! Did you have a good birthday? What did you do?
On a side note, you had me rolling with laughter at your funny story! Kirk was reading and laughing too. I could just see it all happen and you being so upset that you weighed like, 190 pounds? Riiight, like that would ever happen! Love ya girl and miss you like crazy! Talk to you laters:)

Amy said...

LOL! That is so funny! Unfortunately my hubby was NOT stepping on the scale!

I'm so excited that you are having a cute little baby GIRL! Congrats on that!
Love ya

Theresa Rodriguez said...

CONGRATS! Thats awesome on the girl. shes gonna be beautiful! i was laughing so hard about the scale thing. i could totally see dave doing something like that. only difference is i would have punched him in the face lol you look GREAT!

Jessica B Photography said...

Love it!! Sean is brilliant! That is so funny. I could feel the despair.

Congratulations on the girl. Poor Sean... She'll have him wrapped around all her little fingers.

Hillary said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!
I bet you had so much fun shopping for her. The baby girl section is always so much cuter and more fun looking than the boy section.
Sean is so funny! I would have been freaking out too. Nobody wants to see the scale moving in that direction!

Lindsey Gifford said...

YAAAAAY! You had to have a girl....I just can't see it any other way! Miss you girl!

Asael and Alli said...

Awww- so cute... a girl. I am completely jealous! Pink is cuter than blue =).
Your hubby is too funny- way to make you feel confident.
Congrats!!

Mel said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I have a ton of friends pregnant right now and they are ALL having girls. crazy!

Turley Family said...

Girls are the best! They are so fun to play dress up with! I am so excited for you! Congreats! you'll have to e-mail me your address so i can sent you a baby gift for your little girl! amturley@hotmail.com

i would have kill dustin if he would have been behind me standing on the scale...that made me laugh out loud when i read what he did to you!

Kristin said...

Your hubby is hilarious. Sounds like something mine would do. Congrats on the little girl! You will have so much fun with her. Poor Maddie still has to play dress up for me all the time. Not to mention all the huge bows I make her wear all the time.