5/28/09

Ryiah's 1st Shots


Oh man. What an awful experience it is to go to the pediatrician's office. All it is is screaming children making the other children nervous so they start crying. It horrible! Ryiah had to go in on Thursday, 28th to get her first shots. Normally they get 5 shots (well the DTaP is 3 in one so it's actually 8) at 2 months. Well, I'm one of those people that has to know about everything and then decide what I want to do with it. I researched vaccines and how they're made and what side effects each one has and the risks with them and without them and all that good stuff. After knowing everything about them I decided to only give Ryiah certain vaccinations. And the one she does get I am spacing out. Anyway, so she only got 1 shot and I think it was much harder for me than it was for her! I was crying before the nurse started and I was crying well after Ryiah had stopped! It's the worst thing ever to sit there and watch your helpless baby go through that! On the flip side, the good part was consoling her. It was nice to know that she needed me. As soon as the nurse was done, I grabbed Ryiah and she burried her face in my neck. It only took a couple seconds for her to calm down. It was a good feeling knowing that that is what I'm here for! I thought about not being the one to take her anymore because it's too hard to watch her go through it, but at the end, it's worth it to be the one for her to turn to and count on to make her feel better! 


I know all this mommy/baby talk is crazy coming from me, but it's my life now and I absolutely love it! I was asked if I miss anything from before I had Ryiah and even before I was married. My answer ~ Hell ya! Who wouldn't miss certain things? Would I ever trade what I have now for any of it, though?  Hell no! Never in a million years!

4 People Who care:

Amy Sorenson Roberts said...

awww your such a cute mommy!! And I know what you mean about the vaccinations, none of my kids have had theirs because I did all my research and it freaked me out! I eventually want to get them a select few too I just dont know what I am waiting for anymore, besides my nerves to calm down about it. But I have cried many times when my kids have cried or been hurt, so your not alone their either! :)

Jessica B Photography said...

Good thing for you she's a girl. I can just imagine you circumscizing a son one of these days....

Hillary said...

The first shots are awful aren't they? They are so little to have to be getting shots and to watch their unsuspecting faces go from happy and smiling to shock and crying is awful! I agree with Jessica, be glad you don't have a boy, there is nothing that will bring you to tears faster than having to watch your 2 day old baby being circumcised!

Amy said...

I hate the shot part too! Except my babies were always strong, so I had to be the one to hold them down while getting the shot, with a look of terror in their eyes! I 'm sure they were thinking "Why are you letting this happen"? But then I just shoved a boob in their mouth and all was forgiven...