I noticed white spots on Ryiah's tongue a few days ago so I looked online and found out it was probably THRUSH. I'd never heard of it, but it didn't sound like something to be ignored. So I took her to the doc and they confirmed that it was thrush. Doc gave me a perscription and sent me on my way. Well, 2 days into it, I was nursing Ryiah and right afterward I noticed my boob was kind of pained! I totally thought I had a breast infection! I called Tiffany, friend/doula and she said that it was THRUSH and that Ryiah and I would pass it back and forth if I didn't get it cleared up! WTH? She told me that the meds the doc perscribed are full of sugar and would not work nearly as well as this over the counter stuff called Gentian (spelling) Violet. She warned me that it was bright purple and would stain, but would work way better! I was suppose to swab it all over Ryiah's mouth and on my nips. So I went and picked it up and used it immediately. Um, she was not kidding! Talk about staining. . .this crap is a dye, literally. I put in on me and the junk ain't comin' off any time soon! I'm talking, like, I've got some major purple hooters! BTW - When I got the stuff and used it for the first time, Sean and I were in Parump at an auction so I was with Ryiah in the car for a good part of the day. Well, I didn't think about it and I started nursing Ryiah. I look down and she had purple ALL OVER HER FACE! I tried wiping it off and it wasn't happening! I started freakin' because her blessing was the next day and all my family was coming in town for it! What awful timing! I just kept thinking that my baby girl was going to look like Barney for blessing day! Well, I scrubbed her face as much as I could. It ended up being okay. It's kind of funny because she has to have the purple crap in her mouth and it has completely stained her lips. She looks like she's wearing purple lipstick! It's rediculous, but of course as her mom I think it's actually kind of adorable! I'll post pictures soon!
5/3/09
Thrush = Purple Hooters
FYI ~ Thrush is a yeast infection in the mouth that they claim is harmless. I don't know why they say that when it is clearly a very painful thing to have. Anything painful, in my eyes, is not harmless!
Words & Pictures by Nicole at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 People Who care:
LOL! Yer so FUNNY!!! Purple HOOTERS! At least it's from dye and not from suckage! I hate the thrush thing, it's so annoying...purple hooters...LOL!
You have such a way with words Nicole. You always have me laughing.
been there done that, with my 1st, the doc sent me home with the purple stuff, on the way home we stoped at wal mart and i had a mom tell me what a bad mother i was cause i let my little baby play with a ink pin and it broke all over her! people who do they think they are! good luck with getting it all cleared up! gotta love purple boobs!
Post a Comment